POiD

QuantumSpace - May 2015 Status Video

Hey All,

First official post in this project so all are aware of the on going effort. The following video shows the progress I had made as of May 2015, on a continuum replacement currently called QuantumSpace. The project is made in the Unity 3D Game Engine. Initially the idea is to emulate Continuum, but this is just to ensure it works properly, is tested and works in all zones and then it can (and will) be enhanced from there.

My overall goals for the project are:

• Bring in actual 3D ships, while still playing in a 2D environment
  • Introduce different camera angles for certain game play
  • Improve overall graphics to appeal to the newer generation of gamers that don't like the retro feel.
  • Enhanced UI options to make it easier to use and bring in the use of the mouse for PCs
  • Make the client work on mobile devices (specifically tablets), for both iOS and Android.
  • Add an actual automated tutorial to the start of the client to lessen the learning curve
  • Add an offline practice mode with simple AI ships for aim practice / helping with map design testing

Though these are my primary initial goals, I have been trying to code the client with future enhancements in mind. Specifically leaving opportunities for other changes as I've gone along, most of which would require new server functionality.

Enough talking though, time for the video!

QuantumSpace - May 2015 Youtube Demo Video

Cheers

POiD

• Like 1